Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Awesome trip to MOTAT!!!!


Wednesday 16th of April

We went to Motat to learn about Simple Machines and a little bit more about Transport.


When we arrived at MOTAT we first assembled at the place that we had to return to for our lunch breaks and other big group talks. The MOTAT instructor Melissa, told us what we are doing for the day with our group, the adult who was taking care of my group  was Mrs D.

The first place we went to was the place where they have some olden day transport.  After that we went to look at the steam house. The boiler had the fire going but the water was not hot enough for the steam to start collecting. The boiler room  was  full of pictures of cars and some information about each of those cars.   When and where the cars were made and when they were first driven was also stated in the information.  The boiler had the fire going but the water was not hot enough for the steam to start collecting.


Then we went for our tram ride and on our return  we went into the challenge zone and we were doing a very hard challenge. The people in my group were really smart and we  were all doing that challenge.  Finally we finished it.


After that we went to the mirror maze just to have a little bit of fun. Then we had to go for our lunch and  wait for Malessa so that we could go for our class lesson about simple machines.  She told us all about  what kind of simple machines there are. During the last 10-20 minutes we had to build a simple machine.

I listened very hard when Melissa was talking about the simple machines because I didn't know what simple machines were or what they do or where they come from. I learnt that simple machines are mechanisms that provide mechanical advantage to make life easier and its an object to make our tasks  easier.  Examples of simple machines are wheel and axle, pulley, inclined plane, wedge, screws and levers.

I really enjoyed my time at MOTAT because I was able to experience a lot of things that I didn't  know about. I am really looking forward to my next visit to MOTAT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.